SPANISH authorities have seized 20,000 ISIS uniforms and supplies ‘able to equip an army’.
The combat fatigues were seized in raids at Valencia and Algeciras ports on February 7, Spain’s Ministry of Interior announced.
They were hidden in shipping containers and marked as ‘secondhand clothes’ to avoid suspicion while passing through customs.
The uniforms were being shipped to areas controlled by ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra in Iraq and Syria.
Seven people suspected of providing financial and logisitcal help to ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra have been arrested in the operation.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00