A MIJAS resident is calling for action to be taken after her sister was seriously injured after tripping on an uneven pavement.
Brenda Meredith, 71, had to rush her 69-year-old sister Paula Taylor to the doctors after she tripped and almost broke her arm while walking around Playa Marina in El Faro.
“The pavements are absolutely shocking there,” Brenda told the Olive Press, “She was shaking and there was blood everywhere, they need to get it sorted out.”
After receiving immediate attention at the Centro Medico, Paula had to be treated at Benalmadena hospital the next day.
“I still look like I’ve done ten rounds with Mohammad Ali,” she said. “My black eye is still really big, and I had actually got an infection in the skin of my arm but luckily it got treated at the hospital.”
The pair, both from Stockport, praised the hospital for their speed and friendliness.
When Brenda went to La Cala Town Hall to complain about the pavement, she was told it was not their responsibility.
She is now raising the issue with Playa Marina authorities.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40