A ‘DANGEROUS’ British fugitive is being hunted by police in Spain.
Wanted for a violent robbery in the UK, 25-year-old Gareth Edwards has been named among 10 most wanted international fugitives by Spanish national police.
Thought to be hiding out on the Costa del Sol or Costa Blanca, Edwards is facing three life sentences for his crimes.
“He is a very dangerous person and is possibly armed and carrying drugs,” a police spokesman said. “He has a history of being violent.”
In a Crimestoppers-style appeal, Edwards, from Buckinghamshire, was named alongside nine other fugitives including drug dealers, killers and a member of the Italian Mafia.
Five of the fugitives are wanted by Spanish courts, while the other five are wanted in connection to crimes in Europe and north Africa.
Last month, the Olive Press tracked down most wanted paedophile Matthew Sammon to Fuengirola, leading to his arrest.
Giuglielmo Cirillo, 27, Italian
Wanted for being part of the mafia and drug trafficking. Member of the “Clan Polverino” of the Italian mafia, in which he carried out and coordinated drug trafficking. Though to be hiding in the Balearic Islands.
Ishak Merenvouri, 50, Finnish national of Algerian descent
Wanted for sexual assault on a child under five years old, committed in Helsinki (Finland). May be residing in coastal areas of Catalonia and Valencian Community.
Rafal Czerwoniek, 46, Polish
Sentenced in Germany for belonging to a criminal organization dedicated to the distribution of drugs internationally. He could be residing in the Canary Islands.
Hayet Boughanmi Ep Abbas, AKA Hayet Kaubisch, 32, Tunisian
Wanted for stabbing a German citizen 53 times to death. Thought be in Catalonia or Andalucia, posing as a Moroccan.
Antonio Jesús Barge Valdés, 48, Madrid
Wanted for raiding a jewelry store in Toledo where shot and injured three agents of the National Police. Sentenced to 40 years in prison, he escaped from custody last year.
Rafael Rubén Nuñez Cencerrado, 41, Valencia
Wanted for importing cocaine in mass quantities from numerous cartels in Colombia.
Vicente Lamarca Sánchez, 53, Jaén
Wanted for heading a criminal organisation which imports cocaine from South America into Madrid.
Francisco de Paula Martorell de la Capilla, 61, Barcelona
Sentenced to 15 years for sexually assaulting his youngest daughter for years, Francisco has been on the run since 2014.
Esteban Vacas García, 47, Salamanca
Sentenced to 14 years for sexually assaulting his partner’s daughter, he is thought to be hiding out in Castilla Leon.
If you know the whereabouts of any of the most wanted contact, [email protected] or call 951 273 575.
A police hotline can be reached on 915 824 136
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36