SPAIN’S healthcare has been ranked among the top ten in the world.
The Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQ), studied the quality of healthcare in 195 countries by measuring mortality rates from causes that should not be fatal in the presence of effective medical care.
In the study, the number of deaths from some 32 diseases and conditions were analyzed between 1990 to 2015.
Spain scored 90 out of 100, placing it 8th, and putting it above the likes of the Italy (89), France (88), Greece (87), Germany (86), the UK (85) and Portugal (85).
Andorra came first with 95, followed by Iceland on 94 and Switzerland on 92 points.
The UK and US came 30th and 35th respectively.
The study concluded that nearly all countries saw an improvement in their ratings, with the average score increasing by 40.7 points.
Spain scored the maximum points in its treatment of diptheria, tetanus and measles.
It scored the worst for treatment of Hodgkins Limphoma (64 points), Leukemia (66), gallbladder disease (74) and skin cancer (74).
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43