FIVE people have been arrested after a gangland shooting outside a school left three people seriously injured.
The battle in Paterna, near Valencia, left one man lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
The fight between two gipsy gangs broke out, allegedly, over the theft of €30,000 four months ago connected to a cocaine deal.
One of the gangs came from the province of Albacate some two hours drive away. The other gang is called Los Xavi.
Over 20 police officers have been assigned to the ongoing investigation.
Weapons, including firearms and knives, as well as four vehicles were seized during the arrests.
Two of the injured were transferred to hospital where one is understood to still be in a serious condition.
The school’s schedule was not affected by the battle.
Video courtesy of Europa Press.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11