A LIVERPOOL party boat that will bring hordes of revellers from Merseyside to the Costa del Sol will launch this summer.
The 600-bed boat, worth more than €4 million, is the brainchild of Liverpudlian hotel chain Signature Living.
It comes after boss Lawrence Kenwright revealed the remarkable plan to launch a 600-bed party-boat hotel that will take Scousers to the sunny resorts like Ibiza and Marbella for parties and raves with ‘world famous DJs.’
Kenwright has now launched a competition to name the boat, with the owner of the winning name being handed four tickets for a four-night stay on the vessel when it docks in Marbella – with return flights from Liverpool included.
Kenwright said: “Liverpool has a rich maritime history – spanning centuries – and people across the city played a huge part in that. Indeed the Cunard and White Star Line ships helped cement our position as the second city of the British Empire.
“With our new cruise liner, we are launching what will be Signature Living’s first venture at sea.
“Our ambition is to help drive Liverpool’s maritime renaissance by giving our young people the opportunity of securing employment on the ship so they can go and work across Europe.
“But we want a name fit for the scale and size of our vessel and would like to hear ECHO readers’ views on what it should be. I really hope people get involved because you can help make your own piece of nautical history.”
It is understood that the boat’s maiden voyage will take place in the summer and will see a lucky group of Scousers travel from Liverpool to Marbella.
From there the boat will travel to other party destinations like Ibiza, offering wild parties and places for people to stay.
You can enter the competition to name the boat here.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40