A BRITISH family in Spain were forced to sit on the floor of their return TUI flight after paying €1400 for seats.
The Taylor family from Warwickshire were shocked to find empty spaces where their seats should have been once they had boarded the plane.
The Civil Aviation Authority is now investigating why the British holidaymakers were not given seats on their flight from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham.
Paula Taylor, her husband and 10-year-old daughter Brooke checked their boarding passes, but there was just an empty space under the numbers 41 D, E and F.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’,” said Paula.
After all passengers had boarded the plane Brooke was given a spare seat, while Paula and her husband sat on flip-up chairs in the crew area.
Once the staff began serving food however, the pair were shifted to the floor again, and were joined by Brooke as she didn’t want to be alone.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’”
Paula is understood to be angry after being offered just €33 in vouchers from TUI by way of apology, and has now contacted Rip Off Britain.
The airline said a ‘last-minute aircraft change’ was to blame for the seating blunder, as the chosen aircraft had a different floor plan.
TUI said it was ‘sorry for the way the situation was initially handled’ and will apologise directly to the Taylors.
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33