A BRITISH family in Spain were forced to sit on the floor of their return TUI flight after paying €1400 for seats.
The Taylor family from Warwickshire were shocked to find empty spaces where their seats should have been once they had boarded the plane.
The Civil Aviation Authority is now investigating why the British holidaymakers were not given seats on their flight from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham.
Paula Taylor, her husband and 10-year-old daughter Brooke checked their boarding passes, but there was just an empty space under the numbers 41 D, E and F.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’,” said Paula.
After all passengers had boarded the plane Brooke was given a spare seat, while Paula and her husband sat on flip-up chairs in the crew area.
Once the staff began serving food however, the pair were shifted to the floor again, and were joined by Brooke as she didn’t want to be alone.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’”
Paula is understood to be angry after being offered just €33 in vouchers from TUI by way of apology, and has now contacted Rip Off Britain.
The airline said a ‘last-minute aircraft change’ was to blame for the seating blunder, as the chosen aircraft had a different floor plan.
TUI said it was ‘sorry for the way the situation was initially handled’ and will apologise directly to the Taylors.
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38