A BRITISH family in Spain were forced to sit on the floor of their return TUI flight after paying €1400 for seats.
The Taylor family from Warwickshire were shocked to find empty spaces where their seats should have been once they had boarded the plane.
The Civil Aviation Authority is now investigating why the British holidaymakers were not given seats on their flight from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham.
Paula Taylor, her husband and 10-year-old daughter Brooke checked their boarding passes, but there was just an empty space under the numbers 41 D, E and F.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’,” said Paula.
After all passengers had boarded the plane Brooke was given a spare seat, while Paula and her husband sat on flip-up chairs in the crew area.
Once the staff began serving food however, the pair were shifted to the floor again, and were joined by Brooke as she didn’t want to be alone.
“We all just looked at each other as if to say ‘where’s our seats gone?’”
Paula is understood to be angry after being offered just €33 in vouchers from TUI by way of apology, and has now contacted Rip Off Britain.
The airline said a ‘last-minute aircraft change’ was to blame for the seating blunder, as the chosen aircraft had a different floor plan.
TUI said it was ‘sorry for the way the situation was initially handled’ and will apologise directly to the Taylors.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57