THE British Chamber of Commerce in Spain has issued a stark Brexit warning ahead of the release of Theresa May’s new plan.
Christopher Dottie, the group’s president in Barcelona said: “Our 300 members are very worried and hope that there is a solution fast.”
He said the British people had not decided upon the ‘pain’ caused by Brexit and do not yet have answers.
“Every company is worried whether in April they will have the licence to trade and if the staff will be able to stay where they are,” he added.
Around 700 British investors generate over 200,000 jobs in Spain each year.
Dottie says he thinks Madrid should lead the Brexit negotiations with London, before the UK is set to leave the EU on March 29.
“It is going to be impossible to agree and ratify a deal, considering the red lines the British Government has imposed,” he added.
Brexit has so far not significantly impacted British investors in Spain, but Dottie is clear to point out that there is no agreement to rely upon at this time.
It comes as British Prime Minister Theresa May has been forced to reveal a ‘plan B’ for Brexit on Monday.
The House of Commons emphatically rejected May’s Withdrawal Agreement on Tuesday by a majority of 432 to 202 votes.
Then 24 hours later May narrowly survived a no-confidence vote, where the DUP’s 10 votes kept the embattled UK leader’s government in power.
- REVEALED: 10 new UK to Spain flights run by airline Alba Star announced - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:40
- Rick Astley joins Enrique Iglesias, Take That, Mel C and Liam Gallagher at Gibraltar Calling festival THIS SUMMER - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- Woman held on suspicion of bludgeoning her sleeping dad to death and knifing mum in back on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 11:55
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01