SPANIARDS in Cantabria will be having the most sex this Valentine’s Day, according to new research.
A study of 7,000 people by start-up Geeksme has revealed that Cantabrians had more sex than anyone else in Spain in 2018.
The mountainous northern autonomous community had an average of 122.72 sexual encounters last year, according to the report.
The Balearic Islands and Murcia complete the trio of horny regions, after seeing 106.08 and 101.92 sexual relations on average, respectively.
Andalucia meanwhile came a lowly 12th in the sex rankings, while those keeping it in their pants the most on February 14 are the La Riojans with an average of 58.24.
Other data gleaned from the research includes the average length of sex for Spaniards, which stands at just 32 minutes, including foreplay.
Spain’s favourite day to get between the sheets is Tuesday, when 15.04% of all sex happens, the findings reveal.
The full list of randy rankings is below:
- Cantabria (122.72)
- Balearic Islands (106.08)
- Murcia (101.92)
- Catalunya (97.14)
- Galicia (95.68)
- Navarre (91.52)
- Castile and Leon (88.19)
- Madrid (87.36)
- Extremadura (87.36)
- Asturias (85.28)
- Aragon (83.82)
- Andalucia (81.54)
- Valencia (81.12)
- Basque Country (78.21)
- Canary Islands (72.8)
- Castilla la Mancha (62.82)
- La Rioja (58.24)
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33
- Sexism row in Spain as female squash champions handed sex toys as prizes - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:50
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 job losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10