KATIE Price’s mum has been blasted online for admitting to voting Leave in the EU referendum despite living in Spain.
Amy Price told Good Morning Britain she voted out in the 2016 vote ‘to take back control’ of the UK.
“I hate the fact that we are being told what to do by the EEC, the Europe thing,” she told presenters Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid.
The Brit, who lives on the Costa del Sol for health reasons, then bizarrely added: “I’ve been to Spain and the roads over there are absolutely immaculate. All paid for by us. And yet over here in our roads there are potholes everywhere.”
She added: “I’m going back (to Spain) hopefully on Friday. The dry air is so much better for me, and the warmth.
“I am coughing more here. Whereas over there it’s easier for me to walk more and do more.”
Amy was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in 2017, a terminal lung condition.
Former glamour model Katie, who appeared on the show with her mum, added that she didn’t vote in the referendum.
““I don’t get involved in the politics,” she said. “Religion and politics I never comment on.”
Some viewers took to Twitter to express their confusion over Amy’s Brexit views.
One said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave in Brexit because Spain have nicer roads and UK had some potholes.”
A second said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave as the roads in Spain are immaculate.”
A third posted: “FFS. Turned on Good Morning Britain Katie Price’s mum on. Obvs brought in for her expert views. When asked on her views on Brexit ‘I don’t like the way the EEC, the Europe thing control us’. Turn off.”
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29