KATIE Price’s mum has been blasted online for admitting to voting Leave in the EU referendum despite living in Spain.
Amy Price told Good Morning Britain she voted out in the 2016 vote ‘to take back control’ of the UK.
“I hate the fact that we are being told what to do by the EEC, the Europe thing,” she told presenters Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid.
The Brit, who lives on the Costa del Sol for health reasons, then bizarrely added: “I’ve been to Spain and the roads over there are absolutely immaculate. All paid for by us. And yet over here in our roads there are potholes everywhere.”
She added: “I’m going back (to Spain) hopefully on Friday. The dry air is so much better for me, and the warmth.
“I am coughing more here. Whereas over there it’s easier for me to walk more and do more.”
Amy was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in 2017, a terminal lung condition.
Former glamour model Katie, who appeared on the show with her mum, added that she didn’t vote in the referendum.
““I don’t get involved in the politics,” she said. “Religion and politics I never comment on.”
Some viewers took to Twitter to express their confusion over Amy’s Brexit views.
One said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave in Brexit because Spain have nicer roads and UK had some potholes.”
A second said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave as the roads in Spain are immaculate.”
A third posted: “FFS. Turned on Good Morning Britain Katie Price’s mum on. Obvs brought in for her expert views. When asked on her views on Brexit ‘I don’t like the way the EEC, the Europe thing control us’. Turn off.”
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13