KATIE Price’s mum has been blasted online for admitting to voting Leave in the EU referendum despite living in Spain.
Amy Price told Good Morning Britain she voted out in the 2016 vote ‘to take back control’ of the UK.
“I hate the fact that we are being told what to do by the EEC, the Europe thing,” she told presenters Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid.
The Brit, who lives on the Costa del Sol for health reasons, then bizarrely added: “I’ve been to Spain and the roads over there are absolutely immaculate. All paid for by us. And yet over here in our roads there are potholes everywhere.”
She added: “I’m going back (to Spain) hopefully on Friday. The dry air is so much better for me, and the warmth.
“I am coughing more here. Whereas over there it’s easier for me to walk more and do more.”
Amy was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in 2017, a terminal lung condition.
Former glamour model Katie, who appeared on the show with her mum, added that she didn’t vote in the referendum.
““I don’t get involved in the politics,” she said. “Religion and politics I never comment on.”
Some viewers took to Twitter to express their confusion over Amy’s Brexit views.
One said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave in Brexit because Spain have nicer roads and UK had some potholes.”
A second said: “So Katie Price’s mum voted leave as the roads in Spain are immaculate.”
A third posted: “FFS. Turned on Good Morning Britain Katie Price’s mum on. Obvs brought in for her expert views. When asked on her views on Brexit ‘I don’t like the way the EEC, the Europe thing control us’. Turn off.”
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52