AN ENTIRE British football team has been hauled off a plane at Alicante Airport by Guardia Civil for being ‘drunk and disruptive.’
Passengers cheered and applauded when the amateur side was removed after they acted aggressively on board and ignored requests from the flight crew.
Neither the players or the team have been named but it has been reported they flew to Alicante from Bristol.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “When the plane arrived officers from the Airport Security Section had to remove the 25 members of an amateur British football team.
“During the flight they had displayed an aggressive attitude, causing public order problems and bothering other passengers and ignoring requests by the flight crew to calm down.”
Although none of the men have been formally arrested they are expected to be hit with large fines.
The spokesperson said: “Most of them also clearly appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.”
- Sevilla branded a ‘disgrace’ by Liverpool players after pre-season clash sees horror tackle on young star - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 11:53
- Arrest in southern Spain after body of missing British expat OAP discovered - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:46
- GOODBYE ‘BEETHOVEN’: Rafa Nadal to trade in his luxury yacht for a catamaran - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 12:27
- DAYLIGHT ROBBERY: Crackdown sees nearly 20% of Palma’s terraces closed, leaving Mallorca expat owners struggling to make ends meet - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:32
- OPINION: War on Terraces - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:30
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07