FOUR dogs have been discovered chained in an abandoned house without food on the Costa Blanca.
British expat Roger Ballantine was out walking near Orba, where he lives with his wife, when he noticed a ‘pungent smell’ coming from a disused outhouse 50 metres away.
Inside the house were scenes worthy of a horror film as the dogs were held on short chains surrounded by trash and their own excrement.
“Despicable farmers have chained these four dogs on short leads amid stinking faeces and all other sorts of rubbish,” Ballantine said through a social media post.
“I am ready to take whoever can help to this location and try and get the owners prosecuted.”
He confirmed to the Olive Press that a nearby casita was also abandoned as the dogs had been left without any visible food.
Guardia Civil were called after the post went viral, and police have since been out to rescue the dogs before denouncing the owner.
- Loraine Gostling explores our obsession with talking about the weather - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 12:20
- REVEALED: Amy Winehouse wrote three songs from Back to Black while holidaying in Alicante - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 12:25
- HE’S THE DADDY: Ex-lover of Spain’s Julio Iglesias speaks out after singer revealed as FATHER of her child - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 11:51
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00