A GROUP of British and Spanish children had to be pulled out of a manhole on the street today after a dangerous game went horribly wrong.
According to reports, the children had accessed the underground watering system via an uncovered hole in the wall on the beach of Sabinillas, Manilva.
The underground system runs underneath the town and carries waste water to the sea and has manholes or grids on the streets above.
According to local sources, the kids lit some mattresses on fire at the beach exit causing a rapid fire.
While most children escaped onto the beach, one Spanish child did not get out in time.
The flames and smoke forced him back into the waterways where he became trapped underneath the La Colonia area of Sabinillas.
Passersby heard him screaming and called for backup.
Locals had to reach down into the drains to pull the child out as smoke was bellowing from the manhole.
The boy was covered in black smoke and had to be attended to by an ambulance.
“It was horribile,” one witness told the Olive Press, “there was smoke everywhere and it was so choatic, we did not know if more children were down there.
“They could have easily died today, thank God they did not.”
The fire has been put out by firemen.
More to follow…
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25