A BRITISH pensioner has praised a Spanish local for handing him €400 he had unwittingly left hanging out of a cash machine.
Alistair Thomson, 72, was taken aback when, after thinking he had cancelled his transaction in Estepona, a local man tapped him on the shoulder and handed him hundreds of euros.
“When the exchange rate for the British Pound had come up on the screen I decided to cancel the transaction as the rate was poor,” the Cheshire-born man told the Olive Press.
“I then walked into the main part of the Carrefour when a Spanish gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and handed me €400 euros.
“I realised I must have pressed the ‘proceed ‘ button rather than the cancel button by mistake, retrieved my card and just walked off.
“The Spanish gentleman was in some corporate work clothes but I can’t remember the corporation I think it was a petrol station.
“He very reluctantly accepted a token of my appreciation.
“I just wanted to share this lovely episode with everyone… Viva España!”
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54