SERIAL womaniser Julio Iglesias has said he is willing to take a DNA test amid rumours of his Spanish lovechild.
Spain’s most famous lothario has battled paternity claims for over three decades after he spent a passionate night with a Portuguese ballerina.
Javier Sanchez, 41, from Valencia, originally claimed Iglesias, 75, was his dad in 1992, but his claim came to nothing, despite being initially accepted.
But now the lawyer of the When I Need You singer, Fernando Falomir, has said Iglesias may undergo the test, which a judge has said may take around two years.
However this new offer from dad-of-eight Iglesias is given on the condition that the Valencian magistrate Jose Luis Bort continues with the trial.
It comes after a 99.99% DNA match between Sanchez and Iglesias in 2017 was deemed inadmissible, as evidence had been taken illegally from Iglesias Jr’s bins in Miami.
The judge at the trial, which continues on May 30, is expected to ignore arguments from Iglesias and Falomir that tests were already conducted in the 90s.
If this is the case, Falomir has said his client ‘will have no objection’ to providing evidence for genetic testing.
Portuguese dancer Maria Edite Santos gave birth to Sanchez in 1976 after reportedly sleeping with Iglesias.
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53
- Gibraltar announces drone crackdown after Gatwick attacks saw 140,000 travellers affected at Christmas - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38