A RECORD 604,000 jobs are set to created in Spain this summer, experts have predicted.
According to research company Randstad, some 140,000 of those will be converted into full time jobs (around 23%) at the end.
Andalucia will benefit the most, with the influx of tourists creating 28,420 permanent posts, followed by Catalunya with 20,040, Valencia with 14,950 and Madrid with 14,810.
Compared to last year’s data, Aragon is the fastest growing region in terms of permanent jobs coming from the summer season with an 8.8% increase, followed by Castilla-La Mancha (8.7%) and Galicia (8%).
Catalunya follows on 7.6%, then Madrid (7.2%) and Murcia (6.7%), all above the 6.5% national average.
The communities with more moderate growth compared to 2018 will be Cantabria (6.3%), Valencia and the Canaries (both with 6.2%), Andalucia (6%), Asturias (5.9%), Extremadura and the Basque Country (both with 5.5%) and La Rioja (5.3%).
Navarra, with 4.4%, Castilla y León, 4.2% and the Balearics on 2.5%, will see the slowest permanent job growth year-on-year.
It comes as forecasts now predict that at least 7.3 million tourists will visit the Costa del Sol alone this summer, and that 2019 will smash all previous records with 13 million visitors.
The British continue to be the biggest foreign group visiting Spain, making the UK market essential to Spain’s tourism industry and aiding in job creation.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26