An EXPAT fundraiser has decided to take on the millionaire backers of Brexit with a 2,000 mile protest walk from Gibraltar to Westminster.
Madrid-based Brit Anthony Hogan has set out to raise €505,000, the same amount ‘bad boy of Brexit’ Arron Banks donated to Nigel Farage.
The colossal walk will take Anthony from Gibraltar to Westminster via Malaga, Barcelona, Paris and Brussels while the money raised has been promised to pro-remain parties.
“I wanted to show that anybody can do something to challenge the lies and Brexit agenda which threaten the stability of British citizens living in Europe and of course the security of Gibraltar.
“It’s clear that Brexit is about the wealthy financial backers of the referendum making lots of cash off the back of the result,” said Anthony.
For every mile he walks, the former Londoner will have to raise an average of €250 to meet his target amount at the end of the 22-week trek.
Despite the risk of heat exhaustion and injury, Anthony believes campaigning is the only way to stop ‘opportunist’ Brexiteers ‘stream-rolling British democracy.’
People looking to support Anthony can do so via the campaign’s Crowdfunder page: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/2000milewalk
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00