A RECEIPT from a Spanish bar has gone viral for billing a customer €10 for ‘taking the piss’.
The bizarre surcharge appeared on a bill from Bar Eguzki, in the Basque Country, alongside charges for verdejo, crianza, champagne and Viña Real.
Tocar los cojones means ‘to touch the testicles’ and roughly translates as ‘taking the piss’ in English.
Waitress Anka told Espejo Publico the customer was a ‘joker’ and ‘always messing’ with her.
She revealed the annoying customer was in fact her boss, Fernando, who liked to take Thursday evenings off to drink with his friends and play card games.
She added Fernando ‘paid’ the bill, and it was ‘the best money he’s ever spent in his life’.
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04
- Driver confuses Barcelona’s ‘busiest’ Metro entrance with car park and goes bumper-first down staircase - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:17
- Woman killed after firework ‘shot into her mouth’ and exploded at Spanish festival - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:06
- British man, 46, arrested after stabbing 20-year-old at 11AM in a bar in Alfaz del Pi on the Costa Blanca - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 17:45
- THIRTEEN air units battle forest fire in Beneixama on Spain’s Costa Blanca as ‘Level 2 emergency’ is declared - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 17:23