the olive press responds to the need for a proper hard-hitting medium to represent and serve the huge expatriate community in southern Spain.
An alternative to the bland, one-dimensional news coverage, the olive press supplies the latest news, as well as cultural matters and artistic events.
Launched in May 2006, it is Andalucia’s only newspaper written by real investigative journalists, professional food, travel and art writers and with contributions from many of Spain’s top foreign writers.
Growing from strength to strength, the fortnightly paper’s distribution is over 230,000 copies (including 160,000 digital inpressions) and the paper has expanded geographically, covering all of Andalucian region and further afield through its website www.theolivepress.es – which gets an average of 20,000 page views a day and around 150,000 unique visitors a month.
Content that goes into making the olive press unique…
• Exclusive investigations and reporting on both a regional and national level.
• In-depth features from our network of correspondents.
• Regular campaigns on issues including the environment, nature and animals.
• Resources for learning Spanish and integrating into the culture in La Cultura.
• Regular food and drink articles with recipes and restaurant reviews.
• Business profile section, expert legal, financial and property advice columns.
• A comprehensive listings and events calendar.
• Dedicated home and garden, travel, sport and property sections.
• The ALL ABOUT series spotlighting various towns and areas around the region.
• An extensive classified section.
To share in the olive press’s success and increase your business potential further, our sales team are happy to take your calls or emails and answer any queries you may have. Please contact us and see how we can help you.
• Our readers are English-speaking people in Andalucia, or with strong links to Andalucia, who want a quality read about the region.
• Our loyal readership is attracted to our interesting and useful articles that cover everything from the Spanish legal systems to tourism meaning that advertisers of all markets benefit.
• More than one million expats living in Andalucía mostly from Britain but also from Germany, Scandinavia, Holland and America. The amount of expendable wealth that our readers have at their disposal continues to attract advertisers. According to the NatWest Expat wealth ranking survey, over 58% of British expats invest more money abroad than they do at home. Spending more on shopping (+22%) food (+25%) and socialising (15%).
• Many of our readers are well travelled and show a keen interest in experiencing their region, which is a prime advertising medium for travel and tourism related businesses.
• the olive press is the most popular English language publication in Andalucia and is free. The Rough Guide recently voted it ‘the best… for its investigative reporting etc’.
• 40,000 issues a fortnight are printed plus up to 160,000 online impressions monthly giving an estimated readership of up to 500,000 people per month.
• Distribution covers the entire Costa del Sol and all the way along the coast from Cadiz to Mojacar in Almeria and the vast majority of inland Andalucia. It is continually expanding into new areas and new distribution points.
• We consistently maintain a high ratio (at least 50/50) of quality news items and features to adverts compared to the majority of our competitors. As a result, any advertisement stands out more in our publication.
• Prime advertising slots soon sell out due to limited spaces. Therefore, by advertising now, any advertiser will be able to get ahead by holding onto a prime position and keeping it.
• Supporting the paper is its popular website www.theolivepress.es, Andalucia’s best news website, receiving around 500,000 page views each month and up to 150,000 ‘unique’ visitors. A fantastic way to get your business noticed.
• It is read all over the English speaking world, ranked 100,000 in the top five million global websites, by Alexa.com.
• All issues of the paper are available as downloadable PDFs opening up advertisers to a worldwide audience.
• We are able to offer advertisers appearing in the newspaper a special rate for website advertising.
• We have regular visitors from all over the world and have seen an 80 per cent increase in the last 12 months.
the olive press – the original and only English-language investigative newspaper in Andalucía
For further information on rates, special supplements, sponsored pages, as well as additional Internet and Classified details, please contact our sales team on 951 273 575 or 691 831 399 or email: email@example.com
Just a note to say that on your 10th Anniversary, the British Chamber of Commerce in Spain sends you its heartiest congratulations, for providing the local community with many years of high-quality professional journalism, and our best wishes for the future
Main switchboard – Newsroom/Sales & Admin: +34 951 273 575
To contact the newsdesk out of regular office hours please call +34 665 798 618 We are available over the Christmas and Easter holidays
Voted Spain‘s number one expat newspaper and ‘second in the world’, by 27,000 people polled by UK marketing group Tesca. Also dubbed “The best English newspaper in Spain,” according to the UK’s Rough Guide. The Olive Press is the English language newspaper for Spain. Local news, in particular, from the Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Alicante, Murcia and Mallorca, plus national news from around Spain. A campaigning, community newspaper, the Olive Press launched in 2006 and represents the huge and growing expatriate community in Spain – with over 100,000 printed copies monthly, 50,000 visitors a day online we have an estimated readership of more than 500,000 people a month.