A COSTA DEL SOL based travel writer has appeared in court to plead not guilty to sexual offences against children.
Mike Souter, 59, from Norfolk, is charged with sexual offences against boys, as well as a charge each against a man and a woman.
Souter, who also has homes in La Cala and El Faro, spoke only to confirm his name and enter a not guilty plea to all charges at Norwich Crown Court.
The charges, which are alleged to have happened between 1979 and 1999, relate to several different boys between the ages of 11 and 16.
Souter also worked for BBC Radio Norfolk from its launch in 1980 before writing for several English publications in Spain.
Souter has been granted conditional bail until the next crown court hearing on May 20, with a trial date set for June 3.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36