By James Bryce
FEARS are growing for the safety of a British man missing in Spain after he failed to return from a holiday in Andalucia.
Robert Golden, 58, from Sussex, flew to Sevilla on November 5 but did not board his return flight on November 19 and has not been seen since.
Golden, who works for an IT company in London, had told colleagues he was planning to spend up to 12 days trekking to Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez.
His brother Barry said: “I’m really worried. I’m really missing him and want to see him back home.
“Robert loves walking and the outdoors. It is worrying that he can be away for that length of time and not use his bank cards.
“The last time was November 10 somewhere in Spain. I wonder what he is living on?
“I would appeal for him to get in touch.”
Detective Inspector Rob Walker from Sussex Police said: “We are getting increasingly concerned for Robert.
“He was seen by neighbours at the beginning of November leaving his home with a large backpack.
“He is a keen walker and mentioned to a friend about trekking to Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez for about 10 to 12 days.
“However he failed to return to work as expected and he was reported missing on November 23.
“We are in liaison with the British Embassy and are issuing the appeal to the media in Spain.
“I would ask Robert to get in touch to say he is safe and well.
“I would also urge anyone who may recognise him from his travels in Spain to contact Sussex Police on +44 1273 475432, quoting serial 804 of 23/11.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02