- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
British man missing in Spain after failing to return from holiday
• Robert Golden was reported missing on November 23
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By James Bryce
FEARS are growing for the safety of a British man missing in Spain after he failed to return from a holiday in Andalucia.
Robert Golden, 58, from Sussex, flew to Sevilla on November 5 but did not board his return flight on November 19 and has not been seen since.
Golden, who works for an IT company in London, had told colleagues he was planning to spend up to 12 days trekking to Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez.
His brother Barry said: “I’m really worried. I’m really missing him and want to see him back home.
“Robert loves walking and the outdoors. It is worrying that he can be away for that length of time and not use his bank cards.
“The last time was November 10 somewhere in Spain. I wonder what he is living on?
“I would appeal for him to get in touch.”
Detective Inspector Rob Walker from Sussex Police said: “We are getting increasingly concerned for Robert.
“He was seen by neighbours at the beginning of November leaving his home with a large backpack.
“He is a keen walker and mentioned to a friend about trekking to Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez for about 10 to 12 days.
“However he failed to return to work as expected and he was reported missing on November 23.
“We are in liaison with the British Embassy and are issuing the appeal to the media in Spain.
“I would ask Robert to get in touch to say he is safe and well.
“I would also urge anyone who may recognise him from his travels in Spain to contact Sussex Police on +44 1273 475432, quoting serial 804 of 23/11.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]