AN Andalucian golf resort and hotel has been declared the best in Europe.
Voted for by golfers and resort visitors, each venue was marked out of ten for the quality of its hotel and golf facilities.
Finca Cortesin scored an impressive average rating of 9.3 to take first place ahead of its nearest challenger Monte Rei, in the Algarve, as well as Costa Navarino and Terre Blanche.
Miguel Girbes, director of golf at Finca Cortesin, said: “To be named as Europe’s best golf resort is a great honour and reward for all the hard work that everyone has put in here to make Finca Cortesin one of the world’s best golfing experiences.”
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33