MARIANO Rajoy has condemned the terrorist attack that rocked Manchester in the UK last night.
Some 22 were killed and more than 50 injured after an explosion in or around the foyer area of the Manchester Arena (MEN).
The attack happened during an Ariana Grande concert.
The Spanish PM said on Twitter: “I condemn the attack in Manchester. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased victims and I wish speedy recovery to the injured. MR”
Podemos leader Pablo Igelsias expressed solidarity with the victims.
He said: “Our solidarity with the victims of the bombing in Manchester. Counter-terrorism: The rule of law, democracy and human rights.”
Newly elected leader of the PSOE Pedro Sanchez said we need to remain united to fight such terror.
“Impacted by the attack in Manchester. My affection for the victims and their families. Unite to curb such fanaticism.”
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but ISIS affiliates were celebrating on Twitter and social media shortly afterwards.
The UK election campaign has been suspended today as UK prime minister Theresa May chairs an emergency Cobra meeting.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen ‘found in Malaga well’ - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00