A RONDA ramblers association is suing the town hall over a series of blocked footpaths.
The hiking group Pasos Largos has filed three denuncias demanding that the environment department reopen the paths.
The move comes just days after the association helped to organise a 1,500 strong protest against the closure of the GR7 footpath at the planned golf course development Los Merinos.
Despite Ronda town hall giving developers permission to close the path – which is the most important in Andalucia, stretching from Spain to Greece – the Junta has insisted it MUST remain open.
Ignacio Trillo, environment boss for Malaga province, said ‘The track, which is part of a global net linking Tarifa with Athens, should be preserved by the Ronda town hall.’
While promoters temporarily opened the path for the protest last Sunday, insisting a compromise had been reached, as our front page photos show it stays firmly shut with all signs of the path completely erased.
The move comes at a time when numerous paths around the Ronda area have been blocked. As well as the ancient Arriate to El Burgo footpath, which is shut at the cortijo Los Aguilares, there are many other public paths currently impassable.
On the popular path from the Pilar de Coco, near Ronda to Puente de la Ventilla signs have been either removed or so badly defaced that they are impossible to follow.
Pasos Largos believes it is not acceptable that an area renowned for its nature has so many public paths blocked.
The association has filed three separate denuncias in an attempt to make the town hall accountable. The first is against the blockage of the Camino de Alpandeire, listed as footpath number 2 in the official Ronda network. It says the 1.3km path has been blocked by improvements of the A369 to Algeciras as well as a padlocked gate.
Another footpath, the Callejon de Molinillo has been blocked next to the Sijuela stream, while a third, the Callejon Huerta la Maria, is blocked by the Tajo del Abanico.
Have any of the local footpaths been blocked near you. Please email us with the details,
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33