WELL the weather had been atrocious, with rain, rain and yet more rain. So what should you do?
Hole up in an Andalucian hotel and stuff yourself with fine festive fair and as much sparkling stuff as you can drink.
Here are a few suggestions this Christmas/New Year break.
Molino del Puente, Ronda. It’s all happening down at Molino del Puente in Ronda this festive period, from traditional turkey and tinsel on Christmas Day, a great free buffet on Boxing Day and a grand New Year’s even gala dinner.
And even better to shake off the cobwebs and get back in shape, why not enrol for the cycle training camp (in conjuntion with Cycling Andalucian Experience) from January 3 to 10.
Passionate about pedalling, bonkers about bikes? This is definitely for you.
Called the ‘turkey buster’, it is the perfect way to shed those extra ‘Quality Street’ pounds in the run up to Valentine’s Day when you had better be looking trim!
For more details visit www.hotelmolinodelpuente.com or call Elaine on 952874164
Elefante Amarillo, Montejaque. Few places make your heart soar as much as this charming hotel in the heart of the Serrania de Ronda. Recently changing its name from Palacete de Manara, its new host Chris Risbey is bound to make any festive break as fun as possible. Deals include Christmas lunch at 39 euros, New Years Eve celebration dinner, at 59 euros and a Xmas hotel deal of three nights for two people including wine and food for just 389 euros. For New Year the same price for two nights.
Hotel Triperia, Vejer. In a wonderful location on the Costa de la Luz few places are such a great place to relax at this time of year. Right in the heart of the old town of Vejer, Hotel Triperia is comfortable, and best of all, is offering a two for one deal for all Olive Press readers. Make sure not to miss it.
Bodega Regantio, Arcos. In the countryside near the historic town of Arcos de la Frontera, lies a beautiful vineyard conceived by the Regantio family. In 2008 a group of businessmen bought the vineyard and have expanded the site with facilities now including a traditional restaurant and events venue. On Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes visitors can enjoy a four course lunch with unlimited home produced wine for 18 euros per head. The children are also catered for with a special menu and entertainment for 10 euros. Visitors can also enjoy tasting tours at the vineyard and also at the olive oil plant – Oleum Viride – in Zahara de la Sierra.
Taberna Marinera, Estepona. If you find yourself on the coast over the festive period, then pay a visit to this lively bar in Estepona Port. Open every day at Christmas from 11am and on Christmas eve there will be mince pies and mulled wines. On the 25th Christmas breakfast with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and bucks fizz, Boxing Day, live music in the evening with Tomas Navas and Rosa Ruiz, while On New Year’s Eve there will be Hollywood-style karaoke.
La Molienda, Benalauria. This is one of the most evocative places for a heart-warming winter’s meal. A converted olive mill it is a great place for a romatic few nights, in one of the region’s most charming villages, Benalauria.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00