A BRITISH teacher said goodbye to her two sons on Facebook before leaping to her death in Almeria.
Lita Broadhurst, 48, from Garrucha, was minutes from giving evidence against an ex-partner in a domestic violence court case.
Broadhurst spent 12 hours with an iron bar in one hand and a telephone to the police in the other.
According to her final Facebook post entitled ‘Last Words’ Broadhurst – who also worked in Garrucha – had lived a life of terror.
In the lead up to her death, Broadhurst spent 12 hours with an iron bar in one hand and a telephone to the police in the other.
Despite neighbours calling the police the teacher jumped from a terrace.
Paramedics were unable to resuscitate her.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00