A BRITISH teacher said goodbye to her two sons on Facebook before leaping to her death in Almeria.
Lita Broadhurst, 48, from Garrucha, was minutes from giving evidence against an ex-partner in a domestic violence court case.
Broadhurst spent 12 hours with an iron bar in one hand and a telephone to the police in the other.
According to her final Facebook post entitled ‘Last Words’ Broadhurst – who also worked in Garrucha – had lived a life of terror.
In the lead up to her death, Broadhurst spent 12 hours with an iron bar in one hand and a telephone to the police in the other.
Despite neighbours calling the police the teacher jumped from a terrace.
Paramedics were unable to resuscitate her.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00