A BLOCKED golf course development planned to be built above Nerja’s famous caves could still go ahead.
It comes after Medgroup’s billionaire backer George Soros demanded to know why the La Coladilla complex has been delayed.
Soros – who infamously bet against the pound on Black Wednesday – has called for the Junta to stop blocking the proposal.
Despite being rejected in 2005, Medgroup is still trying to force through the project.
Not only will the complex infringe on the Sierra de Tejada y Almijara natural parks.
But it will also be built next to the famous Cuevas de Nerja network of caves.
An 18-hole golf course, five-star hotel and 1000 luxury home covering an area more than 1000 square metres are among the ambitious plans proposed by Medgroup.
Nerja mayor José Alberto Armijo has previously said that the complex would “revolutionise” the Costa del Sol’s economy.
After Medgroup bought the land from Nerja town hall, the Junta stepped in to block the project in 2005.
Medgroup is now awaiting a verdict after instigating legal action demanding the return of the eleven million euros already paid to Nerja council.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00