AN OLIVE Press investigation has found that the British love affair with Spain is still going strong.
Our research contradicts a heavily-documented poll of 250 expatriates which concluded that 74 per cent of Britons in Spain were considering returning to the UK.
“It is difficult to get a clear conclusion from a survey of just 250 people, when an estimated one million Britons live in Spain. I could ask 250 people and get a different result every time.”
Indeed, in a survey for the Olive Press some 80 per cent of expatriates said they were still happy living in Spain.
Only 21 per cent said they wanted to go home.
Meanwhile, the British Consulate, as well as official tourist bodies confirmed our findings.
British Consul Steve Jones explained: “It is difficult to get a clear conclusion from a survey of just 250 people, when an estimated one million Britons live in Spain. I could ask 250 people and get a different result every time.”
See End of the love affair? Not likely, for the full in-depth Olive Press investigation.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00