AN OLIVE Press investigation has found that the British love affair with Spain is still going strong.
Our research contradicts a heavily-documented poll of 250 expatriates which concluded that 74 per cent of Britons in Spain were considering returning to the UK.
“It is difficult to get a clear conclusion from a survey of just 250 people, when an estimated one million Britons live in Spain. I could ask 250 people and get a different result every time.”
Indeed, in a survey for the Olive Press some 80 per cent of expatriates said they were still happy living in Spain.
Only 21 per cent said they wanted to go home.
Meanwhile, the British Consulate, as well as official tourist bodies confirmed our findings.
British Consul Steve Jones explained: “It is difficult to get a clear conclusion from a survey of just 250 people, when an estimated one million Britons live in Spain. I could ask 250 people and get a different result every time.”
See End of the love affair? Not likely, for the full in-depth Olive Press investigation.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00