AN estate, where the King of Spain is said to have stayed, has been named as one of the world’s best olive oil producers.
Finca La Amarilla, near Ronda, where Prince Felipe has also taken holidays, has been listed in the top 20 in the world by major Italian guide Flos Olei.
Its LA Organic oil is one of three Spanish brands in the list.
It was awarded 90 points out of a possible 97 by a panel of experts on a quest to find the best olive oil from 40 different countries. Over 600 oils have been tasted.
Oil was first produced at the finca 200 years ago by a community of nuns.
In the 1990s the Gomez de Baeza family bought the land and took over the production.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00