A BRITISH hiker is attempting to trek 5,000 km from southern Spain to Hungary for charity.
John Hayes, 55, will start Europe’s E4 trail in March in Tarifa and finish in Budapest.
Taking six months to complete, John plans to raise 24,000 euros for a project which tackles child malnutrition in Nepal.
It’s no easy feat, with the route crossing the Alps and the Pyrenees and most days including climbs over 1,000m.
In order to complete the challenge, he plans to walk for 10 hours everyday.
If you want to find out more about the project in Nepal or donate to the fund visit www.E4longdistancewalk.com
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46