ROCK guitarist Gary Moore, a former member of Thin Lizzy, has been found dead in his hotel room on the Costa del Sol in southern Spain.
He was staying at the luxury Kempinski Resort Hotel in Estepona.
The Belfast-born musician was 58 and the cause of death is not yet known.
“It is with deep sorrow and regret that we have to announce that Gary Moore passed away while on holiday in Spain last night,” a message on his official website said.
“Our thoughts are with his children, family and friends at this sad time.”
A post-mortem is due to be carried out in Malaga..
Moore’s former bandmates say they are in shock, calling him a robust and healthy guy.
The Belfast-born Moore started out playing guitar with the Irish band Skid Row before joining Thin Lizzy in the early 1970s.
Moore also collaborated with other rock legends, including George Harrison, and enjoyed a successful solo career, winning praise from critics and fellow musicians.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33