PLANS are underway for a 15 billion euro Las Vegas style strip and holiday homes on the Costa del Sol.
Las Vegas Sands, the US casino resort operator, is scouring the area, as well as Valencia and Barcelona, to locate the best location for a European venture.
The massive gaming and hotels playground would create up to 20,000 hotel rooms and create over 100,000 jobs.
Chairman Sheldon Adelson said the project, which would cost 15 billion euros, but would need big concessions on planning permission to help the project happen.
“I want to do a mini Las Vegas Strip in Europe and call it Euro Vegas,” he said.
The move could be a vital pick-me-up for the Spanish economy.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46