SCIENTISTS have described it as “a dress rehearsal for the biggest journey our civilisation has ever taken”, and it will take place in Andalucia.
The arid, Mars-like conditions of the Rio Tinto have persuaded boffins at the European Space Agency (ESA) that the former mining area in Huelva province is the ideal location for their tests.
Information about an online engineering degree is available for those of you who also have a passion for science, space agencies, and the future of space travel. One needs an engineering degree for many jobs in the aerospace engineering field, and that is a great site for locating degree information.
The team tried out a new space suit and a prototype unmanned rover called Eurobot, which they claim “can do anything that is too difficult, too dangerous or too boring for astronauts to do.”
In reality a manned mission to the Red Planet, which is 35 million miles from Earth, is still a long way off although scientists remain positive.
“There’s still quite a few new technologies that I believe would be needed – we need better ways of getting people there, with more powerful propulsion systems, to shorten the duration – things like that,” said Scott Hovland, head of human systems at ESA.
“But I am pretty positive than in our lifetime, we have a good chance of seeing something like that happening.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02