By James Bryce
FIRST it was the European Championship, then it was the World Cup, now Spain have claimed the European Under-21 title as the country continues to dominate international football.
The young squad followed in the footsteps of the senior side, claiming the trophy with a 2-0 win over Switzerland in Denmark.
Goals from Ander Herrera and Manchester United target Thiago Alcantara sealed victory, in a tournament which had included a 1-1 draw with England in the group stage.
The win is Spain’s third victory in the competition following successes in 1986 and 1998.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02