AN Andalucian cheese has been recognised at the International Cheese Awards, held in the UK.
The Pedro Ximenez Pure Goat Cheese was awarded the bronze medal in the Specialised Cheese Section for 100 per cent goat’s milk cheese.
The product is made by Malaga cooperative Agasur S.C.A. and was among more than 3,700 cheeses from over 25 countries being showcased at the event last month.
The cheese gets its name from the maturing process, which involves successive dips in a bath of the Malaga D.O. Pedro Ximenez sweet wine.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46