A BRITISH expat has been arrested for publically assaulting his wife and attacking the police officers who came to her aid.
The man, who is in his forties, is reported to have been seen hitting and pushing his wife at the bus stop opposite Mijas Town Hall.
Police were called to the scene on Sunday afternoon by two witnesses but the un-named suspect reacted violently and began physically attacking the officers.
He also caused damage to their patrol car including breaking one of the windows.
The Guardia Civil came to the aid of the local police officers and arrested the man.
He now faces charges of domestic violence, assaulting officers and damaging public property.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46