GLOBETROTTING tennis ace Rafael Nadal will have to do without the support of girlfriend Xisca Perello for a year after she traded sleepy Mallorca for the bright lights of London.
The elusive 23-year-old, who has kept a low profile since her relationship with the world number two began in 2005, will study business management and English in the UK.
The move is the next step in the camera-shy brunette’s studies after she graduated from the University of Palma with a degree in Business Administration.
“Rafael and I will be seeing less of each other from now on,” admitted the Spanish beauty, whose full name is Maria Francisca Perello.
However, the childhood sweethearts are used to being apart as a result of Nadal’s relentless tour schedule.
Xisca is far from dependent on her man having previously worked for insurance firm Mapfre.
“She has her own life and is financially independent,” said an acquaintance.
“She and Rafa don’t spend their lives joint at the hip.”
Nadal will have one less reason to visit his girlfriend in London next year following the recent announcement that he will not be playing the Queen’s Club tournament in 2012.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46