THE Poppy Appeal is now in its 90th year.
But the Royal British Legion’s Southern Spanish branch needs your support more than ever before.
“The past years of bloody conflict have increased the need for our help,” said coordinator David Harpin.
“When I first came here 13 years ago I didn’t know where to get my poppy so I had to have one sent from England.”
Poppies are now available in expat bars and shops along the Costa del Sol, including Alhaurin, Fuengirola and Marbella.
There will be a poppy collection in Estepona port this Sunday.
An Armistice Day Service will be held on November 11 at the Don Pablo Hotel in Torremolinos, while a special service will be held by the war memorial in Gibralter on Sunday 13.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10