TO warm you up in the cold winter months, the Lecrin Valley is adding a bit of spice to Christmas
A Christmas Bazaar will be held alongside a ‘curry lunch’ at the area’s most exciting new hotel next week.
The event, which will have dozens of stalls and a true Christmas flavour, takes place at La Finca in Murchas on November 27.
“I used to be an army wife and they always had a curry lunch in the officers’ mess every Sunday,” explained owner Scarlett Farrow.
“It was always a tradition and now we have combined it with a special bazaar.
“Curry is so scarce around here, and it is nice to add a bit of hot spice for Christmas.”
In a bid to encourage people to shop locally there will be around 20 stalls from local artisans and charities and even the chance to try your hand at being a blacksmith.
“The number of stalls has exceeded our expectations,” Scarlett added.
“And we’ve nearly run out of space for the lunch, so things are looking good.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10