A FORMER mayor has resigned amid allegations he used the town hall credit card to settle the bill at a brothel during his time in office.
Miguel Angel Dominguez, the ex Socialist Mayor of Valverde de Camino in Huelva, is accused of using the municipal VISA card to pay 3,685 euros at a brothel in Sevilla.
It comes after a bank statement reportedly shows seven payments – that range from 55 euros to 726 euros – all made on the same day to Larratuk S.L. who manage the ‘Los Daneses’ brothel in Camas.
Following the accusations Dominguez – who also came under fire earlier this year for allegedly spending 1,537 euros on a flat screen TV and espresso machine for his office – quit his current post as the Provincial Delegate for Public Works and Housing for the Junta de Andalucia alongside his role as secretary general for PSOE in Valverde.
But he maintains his innocence and is threatening legal action against his accusers.
In a statement released by PSOE in Huelva, Dominguez justified his decision to resign as ‘personal.’
“I did it so I could defend myself, without putting the image of my party or the Junta de Andalucia at risk, as they are developing excellent work in our province,” he said.
“I have a clear conscience as I have never used a single euro of public money for personal reasons or those which are not directly related to public management.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46