THE father of the bride is the richest man in Spain.
But despite being expected to inherit 30 billion euros from her father’s Zara fortune, Marta Ortega, 28, opted for a small wedding ceremony when she married childhood sweetheart, Sergio Alvarez, a top Spanish jockey.
Solving the problem of what to get the girl who has everything, the happy couple, who met at the Gijon Equestrian Club as teenagers, told guests they didn’t want any wedding gifts.
Instead the invitations invited guests to make a donation to charity.
About 100 people attended the wedding in La Coruna where the menu was prepared by Michelin star chef, Marcelo Tejedor, who is a friend of the family.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02