HE is the world’s highest paid bullfighter.
And last summer he made a dramatic return to the ring just a year after losing nearly half his blood when a 500 kilo bull pierced a major artery in his leg.
But it now appears Jose Tomas has been tamed by a slightly less fierce opponent.
The Madrid-born matador seems to have hung up his capote to spend time with his new son, Jose, after his girlfriend Isabel gave birth in November last year.
According to Olive Press sources he is currently spending his days in Estepona looking after Jose.
He met his wife in the town while shopping a few years ago. She was working at Carrefour.
He is one of a league of young bullfighters, including El Juli, who have recently become fathers for the first time in what is being called a ‘bull fighting baby boom.’
But his absence on the bull fighting scene is causing controversy, with many fans demanding to know where Jose Tomas is. And the bullring owners also seem to be in the dark.
What is certain is that this season his name is not on the billboards of Sevilla, Malaga or Madrid and Tomas is more likely to be found with a nappy under his arm than a sword.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10