A KEEN advocate of organic agriculture and the outdoor life it should be a fascinating and fun week.
Spain’s top expat writer Chris Stewart is hosting seven days of walking, talking, eating and drinking…’and generally hanging out in the best casa rural in Andalucia’.
The Driving over Lemons author will be acting as your guide, entertainer and cookery teacher for the week from June 09.
“We humorously describe them as ‘Chris Stewart Depreciation Weeks’ and they are normally a great hit,” he told the Olive Press.
“It is an amazing week of walking and always a lot of fun.”
Punters will be based in the Alpujarran village of Mairena, whose hard-working inhabitants adhere to a simple way of life.
“Early summer is a glorious time to visit, the landscape is green, the sound of nightingales accompany your walks and you will have cooling drinks on the terrace in the warm, late evening sun.” adds organiser David Illsley.
He and his partner Emma organise a range of trips/adventures from their base in Granada, including a traverse of the Sierra Nevada with Gavin Bate, and a cookery course with the head chef from London’s Moro restaurant.
For more information visit http://www.alpujarra-tours.com/ or call 0034 958 760089
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02