By Eloise Horsfield
A FUNDRAISER is seeking sponsors for a night market in aid of cancer hospice Cudeca.
The event, hosted by Londoner Sheree Lloyd, will take place on July 27 during the feria at Las Cuevas de Comares.
It will be opened by Comares mayor Manuel Robles Robles.
Mrs Lloyd, who helped raise almost €1,000 for Axarquia Animal Rescue at a similar event earlier this year, hopes to hit the €1,500 mark this time.
“I lost my mother to cancer, as well as a close friend who was dead within a week of diagnosis,” said Mrs Lloyd, whose event will include stalls, a bar, a raffle and guest singers such as Katie Louise Mann, AKA ‘The English Rose’.
Contact Sheree at [email protected]
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10