CHILDREN heading down to the British School of Marbella this week had a pre-historic surprise.
For lurking in place of the usual gym equipment was a collection of Jurassic Park beasties created for the lower school’s latest topic on dinosaurs.
Teachers dimmed the lights as different classes tip-toed around models of enormous reptilians including the fearsome meat eater T-Rex and a terrifying pterodactyl.
Nerves were calmed when the rumour was passed around that T-Rex can’t see you if you don’t move.
This later evolved into T-Rex can’t see you if you eat all of your meals and line up in an orderly fashion.
Created by Reception, Nursery and Pre Nursery classes, a series of models were made out of cardboard boxes, straws and more duct tape than you need to shut up your little brother.
Of course there’s nothing like seeing a real-life dinosaur skeleton so around 40 children were whisked off to Malaga to see a dinosaur exhibition at the Trade and Exhibitions Hall.
Here they saw gigantic skeletons, fossils and a small part of an asteroid that is said to have wiped out the dinosaurs.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the school, youngsters are gearing up to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.
Pupils have been making bunting, British flags and Cheshire cats ahead of a special day of celebration at the school on June 5.
Not only that, but they have also been preparing a number of shows to perform in front of parents, pupils and staff.
So in the unlikely event that the Queen should turn up next week there will be bunting, entertainment and a school dinosaur exhibition to give the Royal seal of approval to.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02