by Helen Pierpoint
A BRITISH woman has died while bathing on a beach in Alicante.
The 69-year-old woman was enjoying the sun at the Playa de Muchavista in El Capello when she suffered a presumed cardio-respiratory arrest.
A friend of the woman raised the alarm when she realised her friend had not emerged from the water.
The woman was found in the water showing no signs of life.
According to the Guardia Civil, the incident occurred at 9.45 am on June 28 – 15 minutes before lifeguard services were due to begin at the beach.
Two lifeguards attempted to resuscitate the woman for 45 minutes but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of death is yet to be confirmed.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46