EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce
SUPERYACHTS, helicopter flights and holidays in Dubai.
These were just some of the perks enjoyed by Bradley Rogers as he got a taste for the high-life on the Costa del Sol.
The 28-year-old experienced sailor spent his days providing yacht charters along with his British girlfriend Ruth Finney, 33 through his website www.wildbrad.com.
The site features pictures of the couple enjoying a break in Venice, while a luxury yacht is used as the main shot on the homepage.
But those care-free days appear to be over, following Rogers’ arrest in connection with a multimillion euro escort and debt elimination scam.
The South African is now in Madrid awaiting extradition to the UK after being picked up by police along with timeshare entrepreneur Toni Muldoon and a Scottish woman named Geraldine French.
The good-looking lad had been living on the Costa del Sol for four years with his girlfriend and got to know Muldoon after working on his cruise boat, Caribbean Lady.
Rogers is accused of acting as Muldoon’s right-hand man at the time the alleged offences took place, between July 2007 and November 2010.
However, the South African owner of the Boma Bar in Alhaurin el Grande, a regular haunt of Rogers, described him as ‘a lovely, sweet guy’.
“He comes into the bar now and then and he’s always very polite. I think I met his parents once or twice, when they were here on holiday,” he added.
- Forecast gloomy for hotels on the Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2012 @ 17:25
- Spain’s Royal family takes pay cut - 20 Jul, 2012 @ 10:30
- Brit denies bar shooting in Spain - 19 Jul, 2012 @ 12:13
- Algarrobico hotel to get the chop despite amnesty for Costa del Sol properties - 17 Jul, 2012 @ 13:32
- Brit compares Pamplona bull goring to being stabbed - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 15:49
- Gibraltar hits back at Spanish ‘delaying tactic’ claims - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 12:16
- The jet-set lifestyle of expat arrested in connection with €6 million fraud - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 10:33
- Lioness found living in Spanish urbanisation - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 09:30
- Half of the arrested protestors in Madrid have been released - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 08:00
- Tarifa: Where the wind blows - 13 Jul, 2012 @ 15:45