By Helen Pierpoint
A BRITISH expat accused of shooting and maiming another Brit on a bar terrace has denied the charges.
The 35-year-old defendant is accused of shooting the victim from behind in the neck.
The incident which took place in Benalmadena in February 2002 left the victim with serious and long-lasting injuries.
But the accused claims he was in the bathroom at the time the incident took place, heard gunfire and fled believing that shots were meant for him.
The prosecutor has requested a sentence of 14 years in prison.
- Forecast gloomy for hotels on the Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2012 @ 17:25
- Spain’s Royal family takes pay cut - 20 Jul, 2012 @ 10:30
- Brit denies bar shooting in Spain - 19 Jul, 2012 @ 12:13
- Algarrobico hotel to get the chop despite amnesty for Costa del Sol properties - 17 Jul, 2012 @ 13:32
- Brit compares Pamplona bull goring to being stabbed - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 15:49
- Gibraltar hits back at Spanish ‘delaying tactic’ claims - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 12:16
- The jet-set lifestyle of expat arrested in connection with €6 million fraud - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 10:33
- Lioness found living in Spanish urbanisation - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 09:30
- Half of the arrested protestors in Madrid have been released - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 08:00
- Tarifa: Where the wind blows - 13 Jul, 2012 @ 15:45