Velez Malaga Town Hall’s compensation fee to the 18 residents affected by noise pollution from El Copo nightclub has increased to €5.2 million because of delays.
FOLLOW OLIVE PRESS
LATEST NEWS FROM THE OLIVE PRESS
Spain slammed for being the European country with more dolphins in captivity
Environmentalists have exposed Spain as the European country with the largest number of dolphins in captivity. NGO World Animal Protection slams the Mediterranean country for...
WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
- SEC on Notorious Spanish fraudster ‘Little Nicolas’ collects fourth jail sentence: “Why hasn’t anyone done a film about this guy??” Mar 29, 23:18
- Val.aroma on MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE: Finding out a little more about aromatherapy: “Thanks Susannah for your flair and elegance! We are lucky and proud to have you in our Aroma talks as…” Mar 27, 14:55
- Wolfgang on Protestors come out in force on streets of Madrid to denounce regional government’s ‘dismantling’ of healthcare system: “Germany will warmly welcome all doctors from Madrid, who are looking for better labour conditions and salary! Ayuso has to…” Feb 12, 19:43
- Wolfgang on OLIVE PRESS CAMPAIGN: Bus company Avanza promises to improve services along the coast if demand becomes clear: “The problem is not a lack of cash mashines, the problem is the lack of visible bus stops with a…” Feb 9, 15:34
- Wolfgang on IN PICTURES: If trees could talk then these 10 amazing trees in Spain would have some tales to tell: “What a nice gigantism! Where on earth may I watch a sequoia tree over 1000 m tall? To my knowledge,…” Feb 5, 23:23
- Wolfgang on OLIVE PRESS OPINION: It should be a basic no-brainer to run reliable buses up and down the coast: “As long as tickets for a bus ride are so cheap, the private bus companies will not change that situation.” Jan 28, 21:07
- Wolfgang on ‘Disgusting, frustrating, nightmare, shambles:’ Residents in Spain’s Costa del Sol vent their feelings at the region’s public transport: “The buses in Estepona only serve the main road along the coast. I live on top of a hill just…” Jan 20, 15:01
A benefit to the Residents, a cost to the Town Hall. It looks like “manana” caught up to the Town Hall. I wonder, will the Taxpayers wind up paying for this infraction, or will the 5.2 MM euro fine be imposed on individual Officials in the prior administration? Ah well, wishful dreaming!
It could be that Marbella Town Hall will face similar Suits and possible Fines over similar inaction to stop excessive noise and hooliganism effecting residents at several sites.
Also the 2.5 year Jail Term given to 2 bar owners in Cuevas de San Marcos is an appropriate example